Thursday, March 12, 2009

Club Groucho

As I make my way on top of the bar my legs feel a bit wobbly but I didn't care. This entire week I have felt overwhelmed by everything. London was so different from New York, I am completely spastic driving around town, I have absolutely no job, my parents can't stop fighting with each other, I can't get a boyfriend for the life of me, and now...the guy who've I been secretly crushing on...the guy who I have been living with for the past week...the guy who had been talking at length with me all day...THAT guy is now wrapped in the arms of some girl whom he failed to ever mention.

As if some higher authority knew I needed help, "Pokerface" by Lady Gaga starts playing. It was the perfect song for me. I started moving to the beat of the chorus by swaying my hips from side to side while waving my arms around. I was sure to shake my ass around too. Pretty soon I heard a few cheers from the guys in the crowd which was the reaction I was intending to get. Iaco soon found me on top of the bar and I told her to come up with me and she did. We started grinding against each other which got even more cheers from the crowd.  Thankfully I had the tequila in my body so my intuitions were loose otherwise I don't know how I would be able to do what I was doing. My body was filled with adrenaline and it seems that everything I have been feeling this past week was slowly leaking its way out of me. I decided to look up to the second floor to see what my new friend was doing and I almost regretted looking up.

Rob's green eyes were boring into me. I couldn't tell if he was concerned for me or if he was angry. It was actually the same look he gives in Twilight when Mike was asking Bella out to prom. I couldn't tear my eyes off of his as I continued dancing on the bar.

"He's like... fucking you with his eyes" Iaco talked into my ear. I guess she realized it too. That was the plan this whole time I guess. I guess I just wanted his attention off those girls and on me instead. I couldn't even pay attention to where those girls were, I was too focused on his eyes to care.

When the song ended and changed into a new song, I tore my face away from his and I stepped off the bar. I didn't feel like staying any longer. I knew he knew I was there, but I didn't feel like talking to him. I had nothing else to say to him.

Iaco wanted to stay a little more so I told her to just go to Rob now that he knows we were around. I hobbled my way out of the club and called over a cab to come drop me off. On the way home, I suddenly started bawling my eyes out. I guess being drunk can do that to you. You go from angry to estatic to upset in a matter of 15 minutes. I was upset that he didn't recognize me from the get-go. I was angry with myself for thinking how I ever had a shot at him. Everything that I have been holding inside me had finally come out and I cried.

I was barely audible as I thanked the cab driver and paid him and I wobbled over to the stoop of the apartment building. It felt like forever trying to open the front door of the building, climbing the two flights of stairs to the room and then to open the door to the apartment. I walked into my room and nearly fell over in tears as I cried myself to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment