Wednesday, March 4, 2009

London Baby!

I spent the majority of the flight sleeping with my head down on the serving tray. I don't know how people are able to sleep sitting up on planes. Because I had a window seat, the window stayed covered the entire flight which probably aggravated the people next to me but I couldn't have cared less. I kept waking up throughout the plane ride remembering dreams of London mixed with vampires and for some strange reason Clay Aiken.

I clapped like an idiot when the plane finally landed on solid ground and immediately called Iaco to tell her I have arrived. I made my way out of the terminal and headed to baggage claim where I would meet her. Baggage claim took forever, or maybe I was just being paranoid and thinking that my bags were lost. The belt finally started to move just when Iaco met up with me.

"Hey!!!" She called out as she gave me a big hug.

"Hey!!" I said back. I was really glad to see a happy face considering all I have been staring at were miserable people these past few months.

"You're in London baby yeah!" She imitated Austin Powers.

"oh...YEAH BABY!" I did it right back and we both laughed.

We finally got my bags and headed over to her car. I guess it was time to ask about all the 411 on London.

She took a deep breathe and began, "Well...see this" she pointed to her car, "You're better off hailing a cab, parking is so congested here it makes Middle Village seem like an open field. Also..." she said as we got into the car, "the steering wheel is on the right side". Oh shit it was! "And we drive on the left side of the road." Ok, well fuck driving here.

"How's the food here?"

"You're not gonna find Mamma Italianos anywhere near here, sorry." Dammit, no driving and now... no eating.

"What's there to do here?"

"Oh there are a shit load of bars and clubs here. Don't worry you'll be occupied. It's just like New York in that sense."

"Thank God. I was considering heading back before you said that." And she laughed.

I couldn't avoid the giant elephant in the room. "So..um..is he..at the house now?"

Iaco gave me a look and then stared back at the road. "Yes...he's at the house..now."

"He doesn't..you know..KNOW..does he?"

"No, I told you I wouldn't say anything."

"Ok good." I had to do my best not to go nuts when I saw him. It's a good thing he's human and not actually Edward Cullen because he probably would have heard my heart beating all the way from the house by now.

As Iaco drove, I stared out the window. London looked pretty dreary. Iaco told me the temperature is pretty close to New York but it was more rainy. Actually...very twilightish.

"I have a spare room that you can use as your bedroom. There's a pull out couch and a closet for your things along with a light and other crap. This way you don't have to stay in the living room."

"Thanks so much."

"No problem. Get your shit together, we're almost there." When she did start cursing so much?

Three minutes later, we parked the car and walked around the corner to her apartment building. Her apartment was on the second floor and she lived with two other families, one of the first and the other on the third. The building was much cleaner than the apartment buildings in Ridgewood by me and it didn't smell like old people either.

We dragged my bags up the stairs and my stomach started to do flips when Iaco was opening the door with the key. "I'll need to make a copy of the key for you." She said.

"Oh..uh yeah ..I guess you do" and I giggled. I was beyond nervous.

The door finally opened and I followed Iaco inside the apartment. I quickly looked around for HIM and when I saw he wasn't around I then took a look at Iaco's apartment. When you first step through the door, on the right is the living room with a big couch staring next to the flat screen tv mounted on the right wall. There were also two loveseats on the sides of the couch facing one another and in the middle was a little coffee table. A huge stereo was to the right of the television too. The left side of the house was the kitchen and a small dining area. Straight ahead was a hallway which a bunch of doors that I assume were the bedrooms and such. The color scheme of the apartment was light blue and greens. I was really impressed.

"Wow Iaco,you sure you don't want to go into interior design. This place looks great." I said as I kept looking around.

Iaco just brushed it off as if she had heard that statement before, "Thanks. Are you hungry? I can make some sandwiches if you are."

"Oh no I'm alright. I ate on-"

"HELLO?" I was interupted by a man's voice coming from one of the rooms down the hall. It sounded very familar. Oh my God! Rob is here! There went my stomach again...okay..just breathe..in...out..in...out.

"Hey come out, Steph is here!" Iaco yelled back to the room.

"Okay, just gimme a minute." He said. Wow, his accent sounds even better in real life.

I needed that minute too. I couldn't meet him in the condition I was in. I was practically not breathing. I had to control myself. He will run away if I give him the idea that I'm a fan.

Finally, I heard a door open and someone walking out. Instead of just standing there like a moron, I decided to pretend I was adjusting my bag or something, anything to keep me busy...

"So you must be Stephanie?" I heard him say. I guess it was my turn to talk.

I stopped my pointless fidgeting with my bag and stood up to look at him. "OME." My mind squeaked as I looked at him. Robert was gorgeous....well, compared to Rob standards. He wore black pants, the kind I always see him wear in the paparazzi photos, DONT THINK ABOUT PAPARAZZI! a grey shirt and his short hair was covered in that horrid beanie of his...amazing. How long have I been standing here...

"Hi!...uh yeah I am, yeah ...I'm Stephanie." I...was..a mumbling...idiot. I put my hand out to shake his in greeting. I'm about to touch him OMG!

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Robert," and with that he shook my hand. He's so warm...well he's human you ass he's not a vampire! He pronounced his name like "Rubert" it was adorable.

"Hi" I said back with a smile. It was all I could mutter. Robert gave back a closed-mouthed smile and his eyes were smiling too. His eyes, despite the fact that they were green, reminded me of mine, when we smile we look Asian.

Iaco must have realized that I was becoming a little starstruck so before I could make myself look anymore stupid, she quickly interjected, "Let me show you your room Steph!"

I didn't know whether I wanted to thank Iaco for getting me back to Earth or kill her for taking time away from me and Rob. "Oh yeah, lemme go see."

All three of us grabbed one of my bags and walked down the hall to my new room. It was perfect. The futon looked really comfy and un-futonlike. There was a mirror on the door that was going to be my closet. On the right side of the room was a desk with a lamp that was the new home for my laptop. The best part of the room was the window that was overlooking the city.

"It's awesome!" I told Iaco. Well, the room wasn't exactly a five star suite but simply the fact that I was in London in a room that was rent free was awesome.

"So how long are you staying?" Rob asked out of curiosity and maybe to just start a conversation.

It took everything in me to talk to him as if he was a normal person, someone I have never seen before, someone who I haven't been crushing over eversince I got fired from my job. "Actually, I really don't know." I laughed, it was true. Iaco and I never spoke about how long I would stay.

"You can stay as long as you like," Iaco responded back.

Rob put one of my bags next to my futon/bed/couch. "How do you like London so far?"

"I haven't seen too much of it yet but it sort of reminds me of New York. The driving here is weird."

He laughed, "Yeah I suppose that's going to take some getting used to."

I was about say something else when Rob's cell phone started to ring. He took his phone out of his pocket and looked at the caller ID. "Stephanie" he muttered. As first I thought he was talking about me but then I realized it was his agent, Stephenie Ritz. He excused himself and went into his room to answer the call.

Wow! I just met Rob Pattinson! I felt my mouth stretch out into the hugest smile I could muster and Iaco noticed causing me to blush.

"Good job on not freaking out." Iaco said with a laugh, "I noticed you mumbling when you were talking to him but that's okay. I think this is going to be fine."

"Yeah it is." This is going to be so great!

1 comment: