Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Phone Call

Iaco sounded really concerned now; it was beginning to scare me. "What the matter?"

"My roommate. The struggling actor. Do you remember him?" She was talking as if I spoke a different language and she was a customs officer.

"Yeah, the guy who is never around. What about him?" Does he not like Twilight or something???

"Well, he's not really struggling anymore. Steph, it's the same guy."

"Huh??"

"My roommate and the guy who plays Edward Cullen, Steph! My roommate is Rob Pattinson."

I don't know how it happened but my cell phone dropped out of my hand causing the battery to fly out of it and land ten feet in front of me. I got off the chair I was sitting in and picked up my cell and batteries and tried to put it together as fast as I could. She must be joking, there's no way...does she realized who she lives with!! Finally, I turned my cell on and no sooner did I start dialing Iaco was calling me back. I press Accept and put the phone to my ear.

"I'm sorry Iaco, I dropped my phone. You're joking right. You're just saying that to take my mind off the plane ride." I have been tricked by her before so it's not surprising if she does it again. She once told me she met Nsync when she was 11 years old and got their autographs and she had an extra one so she was going to give it to me. Turns out it was all a big prank.

"I swear to God I'm not lying. And you know I don't swear." It was true.

Holy shit! "Oh...my....G-"

"OK! THAT...just that...OH MY GOD...that cannot happen ok? He's been my roomie for almost 3 years now and if he finds out my best friend... who is spending time here... is a giant fan of his he's going to move right out and then I will end up trying to find a new roommate to help pay for rent." She was really nervous now; she was hardly breathing as she was telling me all this.

"Ok ok...I won't freak out." Or at least I'll try not to. "I can't believe you have been living with THE Rob Pattinson and never once did you tell me." I was actually kind of angry at her now.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you knew him. He's not very big here at all."

"Iaco, he's in Twilight. ASSUME everyone knows him here."

"Twilight isn't a big thing here either. The only reason I know of it is because Rob tells me."

"You're kidding!" What the fuck is wrong with London???

"No I'm not. That's why I didn't think it would be a problem if you came here for a while. I didn't think you were a fan. Ummm..exactly how BIG of a fan are you?"

I gulped the nervous lump that was lingering in my throat. What should I tell her? Should I tell her I check the "twi"-sites everyday. How I've read all four books in five days and then once again. How I have watched Twilight almost every night online. How I saved almost every youtube video of Rob I could find. "I've read the books and saw the movie in theaters. I'm not hardcore."

"Ok then it should be fine." I think Iaco was more persuading herself than me.

I had to lie to her. I couldn't tell her how big of a fan I was, she would tell me to stay home. And now I had to go to London for two reasons. The first, to get away from the hell hole I'm currently living in. The second, because I really really really wanted to meet Rob. I just had to pretend I wasn't a fan, it should be simply enough.

I had to tell Iaco my plan, "Listen. Don't tell Rob I'm a fan ok? It's easier if he doesn't know. And if he asks if I have seen him from somewhere or if I have heard of Twilight I will simply say that I have heard of it but I have no clue what it is. Ok? So can you just not say anything. I promise I'll be good."

With that said, a voice came over the loud speaker, "NOW BOARDING FLIGHT 577 TO LONDON. NOW BOARDING."

"Yeah I won't tell him. Just try not to freak out too much when you get here ok. I know how you were with Clay Aiken." Iaco said with a laugh.

I laughed back, yeah my Clay Aiken obsession was pretty bad. "I won't freak out. My plane is boarding so I'll call you when I'm in London ok?"

"Ok Steph, have a good flight and don't worry about the turbulence."

Stupid ass, she just HAD to bring turbulence up. Which reminded me that I still had to take my valium. "I'll try not to. Okay ciao."

"Ciao" she said back and we hung up the phone.

I scrambled into my purse and found those magical little pills that I desperately needed. "Aha!" I said as I found my valium. I took one pill out and swallowed it down with water. I now needed it for much more than the plane ride. I was about to meet Rob Pattinson!

Involuntarily, I squealed like a little girl and jumped up in the air at the thought of meeting Rob went through my head. Had I been anywhere else besides New York, everyone would have been staring at me but thankfully everyone was going about their business.

"FINAL BOARDING CALL FOR FLIGHT 577 TO LONDON. THIS IS THE FINAL BOARDING CALL."

"Shit!" I grabbed my bag and my book and ran towards the gate to the plane. I handed the lady in charge my ticket and then I was allowed to walk into the terminal and on the plane. After I wiggled my way through the isle and put my bag away in the overhead compartment, I sat down with my Twilight book.

I turned the book over in my hands continously, unsure if I should read this knowing it would only make me freak out more. I decided to put it in my bag and take out my iPod instead. I scrolled my way through my iPod until I got to my "airplane ride" playlist. As, Angels and Airwaves started to play, I closed my eyes and prepared myself for seven hour flight. Yes...I had seven hours to calm myself down before meeting the man of my dreams.

1 comment:

  1. LMFAO ok first of all.. i never pranked you about nsync. that was hebel..
    secondly.. this is good i like

    i finished chapter 2 of my story.. now im gonna get into the paul shit.. haha

    ohh and i added an intro to let people know the status.. i started out like we were on the plane after our wedding .. and on our way to our honeymoon.. no loose ends

    ReplyDelete