Thursday, March 12, 2009

London Looking Up??

After that awkward conversation I had with Rob, I spent the rest of the day at what had to be the equivalent of Starbucks here reading Pillars of the Earth..it's quite good by the way.

Things were finally turning up for me in London. I still hadn't found a job but I filed for unemployment = ). So now the United States is paying me...yay..I really hope I don't have to fly back to the US just for a workshop though, can I just attend one here?? But anyway, now I have six months to find something.

A few days ago, me, Iaco, Rob and a few of his friends attended a Vogue party. To tell you the truth, it was pretty intimidating. Everyone just felt so fake there or maybe it was just the British accents that were throwing me off. I did meet some cool people there though like that girl who played Hermione in Harry Potter. Rob asked me to dance with him at the party which did cause some looks. The next morning I checked online to see if I showed up and it said he was dancing with Hermione LOL well that's ok. 

It seems as if that night at Club Groucho was the ice breaker for me and Rob because after that we began to hang out a lot more often. We went back to that coffee shop alot just to chill somewhere other than the apartment. It was a small place so he didn't really get recognized there and the owner was an old guy who probably had no clue who he was. On one of our outings there, he told me some really awesome news.

"I got a call from Stephanie, (his agent) the academy wants me to present at the Oscars." He sounded as if he didn't believe it.

"That's awesome! You're doing it right?" He definitely should, how can you pass up a chance like that.

"I guess so, I don't know what they want me to do. They asked if I want a small or a large role. What's a large role there??"

"I have no idea."

"Yeah I hope this doesn't involve me getting gunged or something."

What?? "I'm sorry...gunged??"

"Oh..yeah like have some random goo thrown on top of you" he explained as he gestures with his hands how random goo can fall on someone.

"Oh like slimed! NOO..they would never do that...can you imagine!" And we both laughed.

"Yeah I think the smaller the role the better, I'm already nervous just thinking about it."

"That's so cool you've been asked though. Congratulations."

"Thanks" he said and then we moved on the different subjects.

I was very happy for Rob that he was given the opportunity to present at the Oscars but at the same time a sense of sadness washed over me. I have been spending more time with Rob than I have with Iaco lately. He was just beginning to become a constant in my life and now he's gonna be leaving on the 21st. In two days his schedule would start up again. First the Oscars, then he's off to Japan to promote Twilight and then he starts shooting for New Moon. Who knew the next time we would get together.

I couldn't help but develop feelings for him as we hung out. Had all this time we've hung out been to just pass the time? He never said anything about chilling again once he leaves London. But, I couldn't dwell on it, it would just sadden me more.

Later that day, we went to the British National Gallery which is a huge art museum in London.  I kept comparing it to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York and in my head the MET won but the British museum was still cool to see.  Robert enjoyed looking at all the paintings and sculptures throughout the museum.  He seemed more at ease there as well, I guess knowing that most of the people in the building are looking at the walls and not at him.

He was eyeing a painting by Botticelli when he said, "When I get my own house, I want to have a few pieces of art work hanging around."

I couldn't help but sneeze laugh at his comment.  He looked at me like I had three heads and I quickly responded, "I'm sorry, its just funny you said that because that's what my parents do."

"They hang art on the walls?"  He was confused which made me laugh more.

"No!  They are in the framing business.  They frame art work for a living."  My parents own a daintly little frame shop where most of the family income used to come from.  Thanks to the recession, my dad had to get a second job because the shop wasn't making enough money.

Rob finally understood and laughed, "Oh! Ok, that's pretty cool.  Do they ever get anything really expensive to frame?"

"Sometimes they do.  They framed Billy Joel's college diploma once."  I tried to make that sentence sound interesting but I knew I just sounded lame.

"Hmm." He replied.  End of conversation.  

We continued to look around the museum for another hour or so and then left to go home.  Luckily, Iaco had dinner ready when we got home so we all ate together.  As I was eating, I couldn't help but think if this was the last time all three of us were going to be sitting at the same table together.  In another day, Robert was going to leave for Oscar rehearsals and who knows when I would see him again, maybe I would never see him again.  I suddenly lost my appetite thinking about it and excused myself to go into my room.

A few hours later, I was sitting on my bed checking my email on my laptop when someone knocked on my door.  "Stephanie, it's Rob. Can I come in?"

I quickly shut my laptop and check myself out in the mirror to see if my hair was ok and then said back, "Yeah go ahead."

He opened my door and leaned his head into my room.  "I'm kind of in the mood for a crepe at the coffee shop.  Do you wanna come with me?"

FUCK YES! "Oh..uh..sure.  I could go for a crepe."  I then looked at the pj's I was wearing, "just let me get changed and I'll be right out."

He smiled at me and if I was standing my knees would have given out.  "Ok, I'll be waiting on the couch" and he shut my door.

Like a madman, I quickly stripped out of my pajamas and put on regular clothes while almost falling into my dresser.  I don't think I have ever gotten changed so fast in my life.  As calm as I could, I walked into the living room where he was waiting and told him I was ready.  I hoped he didn't think I was suspiciously too fast.  We then both left the house to walk to the coffee shop.

Just like every time, the shop has a minimal number of customers which meant Rob didn't have to worry about being seen.  We sat down towards the back of the shop and didn't even bother to look over the menu.  I have been to the place so many times I practically had the damn menu memorized.

"I'll have the Latin Lovers crepe."  I told the waitress.  The crepe was bananas and nutella.  I always felt so stupid saying the name of the crepe.  Nutella isn't even Latin.

Rob had to do one up on me.  "And I'll have the Romeo and Juliet crepe."  That crepe was strawberry, bananas and nutella.  He sounded so romantic when he said Romeo and Juliet.  I couldn't wait to hear him say that title again in his American accent in the New Moon film.   Stop thinking about that Steph!!

When the waitress left, I struck up a conversation.  "What would the world be like without crepes?"  Wow, I am a dork.

Rob just sipped his soda and murmured "A sad and lonely world." and I just "mhmm"-ed back.

Okay well my conversation went far...not.  Luckily Rob spoke up before I could say something stupid again, "I'm glad you agreed to come with me here.  I didn't want to go by myself."

"Oh no problem, I didn't plan on doing anything tonight anyway." I admitted and took a sip of my coffee.

He looked down at his lap, "I also wanted to ask you something which is why I was hoping you would agree to come here too."  He slid one of his hands through his hair which caused me to temporarily slip out of reality.

"OK!  So one Latin Lovers and one Romeo and Juliet!"  The waitress proudly announced as she set our crepes in front of us.  Her announcement made me come back down to Earth and take in what he just said.

I began to cut my crepes into tiny pieces as I asked, "What is it you want to ask me?"  I shoved a piece of crepe in my mouth and it tasted like heaven.

Robert finished swallowing his piece before he spoke again, "It's kind of big what I am asking you and I completely understand if you can't."  He looked up at me kinda nervous.

I wanted to lighten the mood so I said a joke, "Do you want me to organize your fan mail?" 

He then looked up at me all serious and said, "How did you know?"

My eyes must have shot out of my head because he started to laugh, "I'm just kidding, I could never ask you to sort out that mess."

I breathed a sigh of relief knowing that I didn't have to spend the next three days with those large sacks of mail he had in his room.  But now I was really curious, "So what is it then?"  I asked as if took another piece of crepe in my mouth.

Rob once again became nervous but he tried not to look away from me as he said, "I know this is extremely last minute but...would you be my date to the Oscars?"

I almost choked on my crepe.  Did he really just..?  I swallowed and said, "I'm sorry...what did you say?"

It seemed like it was torture for him to say it the first time but I just had to make sure I wasn't hearing things.  "Will you come to the Oscars with me?"  He said again.

I couldn't believe it.  Robert Pattinson just asked me to be his date to the Oscars.  I was about to hyperventilate when, as if on cue, the waitress came back and asked if the food was alright and Rob told her everything was good.

I took a deep breath and quickly took his question in.  "I don't have a dress."  I muttered.  You stupid ass!  You're supposed to say YES!!  YES I WANNA GO WITH YOU!!!  Not "I don't have a dress"!!

Rob shook off my statement.  "I'll get you one don't worry about that.  It's just we have been spending so much time together... and...I was told I could bring a guest and I immediately thought of you."  He stared at me with hope in his eyes.  Hoping I would agree.  But then he looked down again.  "I understand if you can't do it, I know we would have to leave tomorrow ni-" 
 
I interupted him, "No no!  Of course I want to go!"  I realized I said that a little too excitedly and I tried to lower it a notch.  "Of course it's not a problem to go.  I would love to go to the Oscars with you Rob."  And I couldn't help but smile at him.  Just when I thought things couldn't get any better, it does.

Rob met my smile with his own.  "I just can't let you go so fast.  We've been hanging out so much ever since you came here I can't say goodbye just yet," he confessed.

"I couldn't agree with you more."  Oh how true that statement was.

Rob put his utensils down and then did something he never did before, he put his hands out in the middle of the table palms up.  In an almost instant response, I grabbed both of his hands and he gently closed his hands around mine.  He then looked up at me with a small smile on his face and said, "Thank you so much Stephanie."

At this point, I didn't notice anyone else around us.  "No Robert, thank you.  This is going to be so amazing.  I can't wait."

"Me neither."  He responded and gave my hands one final squeeze before he let them go and began to eat his crepe again as I did too.

The rest of the conversation in the coffee shop was spent talking about what kind of tuxedo he is going to get and what kind of dress I should get (which he said I won't spend a dime on), and how his schedule will be pretty crazy from here on out.

On the way back home from the shop, he took my hand and held it as we walked.  I was a bit surprised by his sudden affection towards me so I looked up at him.  He was staring right back at me with a warm smile on his face and with his eyes gazing into mine.  I was on cloud 9.  I was thanking the Lord above for laying me off from my job so that I ended up here in London holding hands with the man I have been falling in love with who I was now flying to Los Angeles with.

When we got back to the house, I noticed Iaco was already in her room asleep.  I wondered if she knew Rob was going to ask me to the Oscars.  Before I headed into my bedroom, I turned to Robert who was hanging up his hoodie in the closet and wished him a goodnight.  Rob, in return wished me a goodnight back and told me that in the morning I should pack for a few days worth.

I was just about to head into my room when Robert softly touch my left arm.  It gave me the chills. I turned around to find him staring directly in front of me now and his eyes were boring into me.  His eyes told me everything he was feeling.  He was happy...happy because of me!  

He slowly bent down towards my head as he put his hands around my shoulders.  Is he going to kiss me? I was about to raise my head up to meet his when all of a sudden, he placed a gentle kiss on the top of my forehead and I felt myself blush.  He then whispered, "Thank you again" and smiled and all I could do was smile back.  Rob then let go of me and began walking to his room as I then slowly turned back towards my bedroom, walked in, and closed the door behind me all the way while still having a smile on my face. 

I couldn't even think about getting changed into pjs.  I laid on my bed and took a large breath.  Robert Pattinson asked me to the Oscars.  He feels something for me...he has to.  That night, my feelings shifted for him.  I began to not see him as just the actor who played my favorite Twilight character.  I began to see the whole Robert.  I didn't freak out like any fan would do, instead I just felt love.  I was falling for this man, every single part of him.  It was almost impossible not to think he was falling for me too at this point.  He just asked me out to the Oscars, that had to mean something.  This was going to be an amazing experience.

2 comments:

  1. you posted that at 11:11.. thats awesome

    KEEP WRITING!

    LEMONS!

    come on.. arkansas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MAD CUTE!!! OSCARS HERE WE COME!!!!!!

    aaww i loved his little face-up palm thingy

    so adorable.. i could just picture his face.. <3

    ReplyDelete