Thursday, March 12, 2009

Piles and Pillars

A week passed since I came to London.  I hardly saw Robert.  Our conversations were very bland and once while watching television he found out that I knew who he was, meaning the guy who plays a vampire but that was about it.  I think the most intimate conversation we had so far was him asking me how do I like London so far and I answered that I missed the italian food.
 
When Iaco was in school, I pretty had the house to myself which quickly became pretty boring.  On the second day of staying there, I walked around the neighboring blocks and found a a coffee shop and thought that maybe there is a heaven.  I also noticed a deli and a Rite Aid (go figure).  

On the third day, I did the unthinkable, I rented a car.  You would think they would notice that I was an American before lending a car over but whatever.  I felt like I was riding in a toy, the car was so small...almost like a rice rocket.  I basically just tried to ignore that the traffic was on my right and pretended all the roads were one way and my turns were a little off too.  I did find some good shopping however. About a week into my stay, I decided to spend my afternoon at the coffee shop I found and just read.  I quickly realized that maybe that wasn't such a good idea since all I had with me was Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. Yeah, not a good idea at all.

 I remembered that Iaco told me Rob loves to read so he probably had a shit load of books in his room. He wouldn't notice if I took just one little book for a while. I opened his bedroom door and I could smell him everywhere.  It was a typical guy bedroom. Apart from the bed being unmade, clothes were strewn in a pile near his closet door, his laptop was on a table covered with wires and wires of shit I can't even begin to examine and next to his bed was a big white sack filled with something.  Are those fan letters??

 It took every ounce of will I had to not peek into that sack and read what his fans have been filling his ego with.  I finally found the piles of books on the floor near his desk and squatted down to read the titles.

 Das Kapitale no, I do not feel like taking theory all over again. New Moon ha! The Pillars of the Earth now we're talking. I was just about to remove the book from the pile when I heard "Hey um what you doing?" That wasn't Iaco.

 I whipped my body up so incredibly fast as if standing would be any better than squatting in his room. "Im really sorry! Ijustwantedabooktoreadand ...and..I remembered you like to read so I thought I could borrow one..Im sorry I shouldn’t have just come in." Please dont be angry please dont be angry.

 Rob just smiled and walked towards the pile of books, "Oh that's ok, yeah you can borrow them. Which one did you want?" He asked as he bent over towards the pile.

 "Um Pillars of the Earth?" I said it as a question.

 He pulled out the book from the pile and stood up and gave it to me. God how he towered over me, he's so intimidating. "Thanks" I managed to get out as I took the book from him.

 It was at that moment that began our first real conversation. He finally asked what the hell I was doing here and so I told him everything. How I didn’t want to be in NY with my family problems, how I just got laid off from my job because of recession problems and how Iaco and I had been the best of friends since we were in 7th grade. Rob told me he lived in London his whole life but recently he's been traveling around ALOT eversince he signed on to do the Twilight Saga. I pretended I had no idea.

Our conversation shifted over to the dining room and we talked for an hour.  I kind of felt like it was the conversation Edward and Bella had in Edward’s Volvo in front of Bella’s house until Charlie came home, and in their conversation they spoke about everything. We spoke about our likes in music and what we like to do in our free time. As it turns out, I found that he spends his free time a lot like I do, by not doing much at all. Rob mentioned he loves to read and I said that I do too...I left out the facts that all the books I’ve read recently have been Stephenie Meyers. He mentioned he liked just being on his own a lot and I could relate to that but at the same time, we loved to go out at night as well.

I suddenly realized how hungry I was and finally remembered that I planned to go to coffee shop. Well, plans could change.  I got up to look in the fridge to find something to eat...not much of anything for lunch. I sighed and close the door and mentioned to him that I would just wait until Iaco comes home to start making a dinner which was a few hours from then. Rob instead mentioned that we walk to Cherry Valley two blocks away from the apartment and get some sandwiches to bring back to the apartment so I agreed.

As I put on my shoes and jacket, I noticed Rob waiting by the door with a pair of glasses on and a beanie. I knew fully well why he had to go out like that and I felt empathy for him because I would hate to have to hide myself in public so as to not get recognized. I hate his beanie. It reminds me of the teal one my dad used to wear when he went hunting and how he looked like a turtle. I didn’t say he looked stupid in it thought because who was I to tell him so, I only knew him for an hour.

The walk to Cherry Valley was a continuation of the conversation we had upstairs. I mentioned my love for most types of music and how I love going to rock concerts. When he asked who were my favorite rock bands I blurted out a whole list which probably sounded like a whole jumble of words until I got to bands like Bon Jovi, Pink Floyd, and Led Zeppelin which he has heard in the UK. He told me he liked Van Morrison who I have heard by name but I have never really heard their music. I knew he recorded music but I didn’t want to bring it up just like that so I nonchalantly mentioned how I wanted to learn how to play piano someday and that’s when he said he knew how and how he records music with some of his friends.  Like a good little listener, I oohed and aahed my way through his story.

As we were waiting for our sandwiches, the girl behind the counter recognized him and said "Hows my favorite vampire?" Rob just laughed and said hi back to her using her name, he was obviously a regular at that deli. I was scared a fan riot was going to start if any more girls recognized him but thankfully we got our sandwiches and began to walk back to the apartment.

We finished talking while eating our lunch when Iaco came home.

Not so soon after that, Rob got up from his chair "Im gnna get ready for tonight" and he just leaves to go to his room leaving me at the table.

All this time we were talking and not once did he mention he had plans tonight. I know it was none of my business but I guess I was just caught off guard. A weird part of me wanted him to ask me to come with him. I guess I was upset at his actions but then again, why would he want to chill with me when he has his friends. Typical man, just lead a girl on and then leave her there staring at your bedroom door on the other side.

As I rolled my eyes at this thought, Iaco noticed it. “What’s the matter?”

I got up from the table and ask her not to tell Rob anything I was going to tell her, ever.  I told her how we spent the entire afternoon talking and joking around and how we walked together to get food and how he didn’t once mention he was going out and how I knew I was being stupid for being a little offended but still I was offended.

Iaco said not to overanalyze it, that he was a little selfish. "He tends to just think of himself but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t like you".

I was actually jealous that he was going out because I have been dying to go out to a bar ever since I got here. I mentioned this to Iaco and we decided that we would go out too. We would get dressed, go out to eat at this diner she knows and go to a club called Groucho.

I was so excited about tonight, I quickly started to pull all the club type clothes I could find. I put on some dark blue skinny jeans with black peep toe heels and a black strapless top with a leather belt going around the smallest part of my waist. I straightened my hair and put it up in a ponytail with a slight side part. I put on my light but big gold hoop earrings and makeup. I looked in the mirror and was quite pleased with how I looked. It was the best I looked since I arrived here.

When I was done I went out of my room and knocked on Iaco's room telling her I'm waiting. I went to sit in the living room and watched some tv or some “telli” as the Brits called it.  A few minute pass when I heard a door open and I figured it was Iaco since she told me she was almost done so I got up from the couch and started walking towards the front door. The door that opened wasn’t Iaco's door, it was Rob's instead...and we hadn’t told him we were going out as well. As he was walking towards the kitchen where the front door was, he spotted me and stopped.

Was his mouth open?? "..uh Hey" he muttered.

"Hey" I laughed a little, I knew I looked good.

"What u doing all dressed up?" yeah he just looked at my breasts..

"Me and Iaco are gonna go out tonight, sorta last minute shit"

"Oh really, where"

Pssha! Like I was really going to tell him. "Ohh…umm…I don't know, Iaco knows, Im just going go with her."

"Oh..wel-..okay cool have fun"

"Thanks" I said just as Iaco was joining me at the front door. Rob stared at us until we were out the door and I couldn’t help but feel a bit mischievous.

The diner we went to was uneventful…typical diner but then we took a cab to the club. I really didn’t know what to expect from there, I was nervous I would look different from the rest of the club goers.

"What a stupid name to call a club...Groucho" I said trying to joke around to calm my nerves.

Iaco laughed "Yeah I know right!  But its really cool in there and the drinks arent TOO expensive"

When we arrived there, we go on the line to get in. The line wasn’t too long but it was pretty cold out so I hope it would be fast. I saw three guys just pass by the line with two girls on their sides and they were immediately all let in...asswipes. Why did the bouncer even let a group in with more guys than girls anyway?? A half hour later and Iaco and I were let in.

We immediately flocked to the bar where we both ordered a shot of tequila. I pulled down the shot and cringed as it burned down my throat. We order another round and quickly inhaled that too. After finishing our third shot we decided to go on the dance floor. I didn’t feel the effects of the alcohol just yet but I knew it would come soon. Iaco and I started to dance and every so often shoo away some British creeper with bad teeth who tried to join in.  About a half hour into dancing I wanted to sit somewhere so I walked out of the crowd to find a place to sit and that was when I saw him.

On the second floor of the club near the balcony was Rob, his two friends and two girls…THEY were the asswipes who cut the line! I don’t know why but I was all of a sudden angry. A million things were running through my head...I was happy to be seeing him, I was pissed at those girls even though I had no idea who they were, and I was also mad all over again how he pretty much left out the little details of how he was going out. Iaco found where I was and I pointed out Rob and the others upstairs to her.

"Perfect! We could sit with them" Iaco said as she made her way towards the second floor stairs. I quickly followed her wondering what the hell I was going to say him once we met up. Would he be angry that we found him? Happy? Who knew.

We were just about to walk to his table when all of a sudden a big guy's arm just drapes itself across us and the guy replies, "Sorry, this is VIP only, you'll have to make your way downstairs."

Trying to fix the misunderstanding Iaco replies, "Oh no no we know him" and she points to Rob.

"Yeah I know...everyone knows him" He had a point.

"No really, I’m his roomate. ROB!! ROOOOBBBBB!!!" She tried to yell out his name to get his attention but it wasn’t working. In the meanwhile I couldn’t stop staring at the two girls in the short dresses sitting awfully close to him, practically about to strattle him.

At this point, Iaco was dialing Rob's cell to see if he could pick up and finally notice us but he didn’t even realize his phone was ringing. It didn't take me long to walk back down the stairs once I saw one of the girls start rustling their nasty ass fingers into Rob's hair as Rob just smiled away. If he knew we were there, he obviously didn't want us around. I banged down the stairs and went to bar again. I ordered a double shot of tequila and jammed it down my throat before I step onto a stool and then onto the top of the bar. I needed to dance it out.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment