Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Morning After

RRggghh!" My head was killing me. "I will never get drunk again!"

I open my eyes and look around. I was still in the club clothes from last night only the belt I had on made its way up higher and my pillow was stained with streaks of mascara. I had actually danced on top of a bar last night and I basically had a staring contest with my roommate who I hope wasn't around.

I got out of my bed slowly as to not upset my stomach more and changed my clothes into something more normal and then went into the bathroom. "Wow, I look like shit" I told myself as I noticed the rat's nest that was my hair and how I looked more pale than usual.

I walked down the hallway and found that thankfully no one was home. Iaco must be still in class and I didn't want to think about Rob right now. I found some motrin and made coffee and sat in the living room. I was in no mood to go anywhere with this giant hangover so I decided to watch wedding shows. I was on my third episode of Platinum Weddings when the front door opened.

"Steph? Are you up?" It was Iaco.

"Yeah, I'm in here"

"How are you feeling hun? I didn't want to wake you up this morning. I know it was a hard night for you." She sat down next to me causing a wave in the couch that made me queasy.

"I'll be ok. Just a little hungover I guess. How was the rest of the night?" How was Rob? Who were those girls?

"It was alright, I was finally able to get to Rob, good move with that bar dancing thing. He asked why you left so soon. I just said you weren't feeling well."

"Mmm. Who was he with?" I couldn't help myself for asking.

"I knew you didn't like those girls!" She laughed. "No wonder you danced on the bar. He was with Tom and Sam and the two girls were Tom's friends. Well, I feel like he only met them that night just for Rob. You missed it last night, Steph. Those two pratically stalked him out of the club."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah they followed us for like a good two blocks on our way out. Rob was getting annoyed by them. They were so drunk oh my God and the paparazzi somehow found us too! You had to see them just flashing away yelling out Roberto!! Roberto!! I had to actually tell the girls to go their seperate ways and that we were going home and so I grabbed Rob's hand and yanked him into a cab."

I was kind of glad he got annoyed, at least I wouldn't have to be the only one with crappy emotions. "That was quite an eventful night. Did the both of you come home right after?" I wonder if she notices the reason why I'm asking all these questions.

"Yeah we got home around 4. It was miserable trying to get up this morning for class. I noticed Rob was still asleep when I left but I have no idea where he is now." She gets off the couch and walks down the hall. "I'm gonna take a nap, I'm exhausted." And she goes into her bedroom.

I wasn't about to sit there and wait til Rob gets home so I decide to get out of the house. I didn't want to drive anywhere knowing I would probably cause about 20 accidents turning onto the right side of the road but I knew I could go to that coffee shop three blocks away.  I grabbed the house keys from my bedroom and was putting on my shoes when I heard the front door open...great...Just fuckin great!  I walked towards the door and there he is in all his glory.

"Hey" I half-ass mutter just to be nice.

"Oh hey, you steppin' out?"

Yeah and you're not invited. "Yeah I just need to get a few things."

"Oh okay...uh..I saw you last night at the bar...nice" He added that last word with a mischievous. Shit Why did he need to bring it up? Wow, his smile is really sexy...

"Oh...u did huh...yeah that was me, I don't know what got into me." I tried to shrug the subject off.

He looked down at the floor. "You dance really good." He stared up at me. Green meeting brown.


 "Oh yeah, Iaco wanted to get your attention cause security wasn't letting us up where you were.  She tried to call your name so when that didn't work we thought dancing on the bar would." That sounded like a believable story.  My breathing was picking up pace. It's really dangerous to be this close to him. He couldn't know why I was doing what I did last night. He couldn't know how much I felt for him.

"You left so fast." He almost sounded sad about this fact. Nah, maybe he just felt bad for me that I had to leave.

"Oh..uh yeah I wasn't feeling very well after, I just needed to go home before I got worse." I had to go cry my eyes out over you and everything else going wrong with me. "But Iaco told me you had quite an adventure with a couple of stalker girls" I said trying desperately to change the subject off of my bar dancing.

Rob rolled his eyes and laughed, "Yeah that was horrible. My agent called to tell me the entire scene is displayed online" laughing even more. "Iaco saved my ass though by being the rude one instead of me having to say "fuck off" in front of the cameras."

"Yeah that does sound horrible. Are you friends with those girls?" I was really masochistic wasn't I.

"Me? No no...I don't even know where Tom met them. They were so annoying."

I think I breathed a small sigh of relief knowing I won't be seeing those girls in this apartment. I just laughed a little, "Oh cool." I had to leave now. "I gotta go, I'll see you later" I said as I waved my hand as I left the apartment.

"Oh ok bye" he said sounding a little discouraged. He couldn't possibly have been sad because I was leaving. Yeah maybe I should stick to clubs in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment