Monday, March 30, 2009

Oscar Magic

"Up...definitely up!"

"But her dress is strapless it would look nicer down."

"No this is the fuckin Oscars, no one except Whoopi is gonna have her hair down!"

"Fine! But it has to be delicate looking, perhaps a lower loose bun..."

"With light curls..."

"YES!"

I was about to kick both Mikey and Claudio out of my room and do my hair myself if they didn't start to shut up.  I was nervous enough as it is.  In less than three hours, I would be walking the red carpet of the Oscars.  I was going to go in a limo with Robert, his agent Ritz and his manager Nick.  There will be fans, interviewers, and lots of glamorous people.  I think I needed to pee again for the fifth time this hour...

"I like the idea of the loose bun with the curls...do that." I told the two stylists who Robert hired to help me get ready.  I told Robert that I was completely capable of doing my hair and makeup myself but he is really stubborn...

"Are you going to have a stylist do YOUR hair and makeup?"  I asked Robert as I began to unpack my clothes in my new L.A. hotel room.

Robert took his eyes off the view from the hotel window and turned to me wearing a smirk on his face, "No."

"So okay then, I don't need one either."  I crossed my arms and nodded my head making it my final statement. 

"Just let me get them to help you with it.  I asked you to come all the way here and its the least I can do.  Please."  He said that last word with such a puppy dog look I almost wanted to pet him.

"Okay, I guess it can't be that bad, having someone play Barbie with me."  I said shrugging my shoulders.


I was beginning to take that statement back.

"Okie so hair is settled.  Now on to makeup..."

"Hmmm...??  I think a smokey eye will look fabulous with the dress..dark on dark."

"No no no!!  Lighter is better, you don't want her looking like she IS a vampire."

"Ughhh!!"  I put my head in my hands.

There was a knock on the room door.  "I'll get it!" I jumped off the chair Mikey and Claudio had me sitting in and went to the door.  It was Ritz, Robert's agent.  

"Hey Ritz...you look really nice!" She was wearing a simple blue taffeta gown but it fell very elegantly on her.

"Thank you" she said with a smile.  "I just came to make sure everything is all right."

 "Okay I guess, we seem to be having a dilemma over what makeup I should have.  Mikey says light and Claudio said dark and I don't know what would work."

"What if you go light but have liner around the eyes with long lashes and a nice pink lip?" Ritz voiced over to the two men still waiting by my chair.  They seem to like that idea.

"Yes there is always that option.." Claudio pondered tapping a brush to his chin while staring at the floor.

Before the debate went on any longer I interjected, "Yes do that, I like that idea best."

Ritz then nodded her head, "Ok so you get moving along  with that and call me when you need help getting your dress on."

"Okie dokie" I answered back.  I closed the door when Ritz left and sat back in the chair letting my two stylists who can't make up their minds work on me again.

After an hour, my hair and makeup were done and I actually really loved it.  "I'm calling you when I have my wedding. You did an amazing job." I told them both of them as I examined myself in the mirror.

"Thank you hunny." Mikey said as they began to pack up their things.

I then called up Ritz for her to come over and help me with my dress.  I loved my dress so much I wish I could keep it, too bad I would have to fork over $5,000 if I did.  It was going to really hard to part with...

"Have you found anything yet?"  Rob asked for the umpteenth time.

"No, nothing is catching my eye."  Rob wanted to me to look at designer's websites so I could find a gown for the Oscars.  I was two hours into the search on my laptop and still found nothing.  Either something was too plain for the Oscars or too "out there" for me.

"Just google "Oscar gown"."  Rob thought he was funny.

Something clicked.  Oscar dress.  A dress for the Oscars.  Oscar...Oscar De La Renta! I quickly went to Oscar De La Renta's site and searched their fall collection and there it was.

"I found it." And I turned the laptop so Robert could see.  It was a strapless gown with the top in white encrusted with intricate beading and the rest of the gown was black and it had a small train.

After 10 seconds of staring at the dress, he finally says, "That's sexy" and with that, I made my decision.  

In a matter of an hour, Ritz had called Oscar's store and we drove to get me fitted for that dress.  When I got home, I tried it on once more just because I loved it so much.

Ritz arrived at my room in five minutes and Mikey and Claudio let themselves out when Ritz came in.  "Okay where's the gown?" She asked looking around.

"It's hanging behind the bathroom door, hold on." And I went to grab the garment bag containing my gown.  I wonder if Oscar would let me at least keep the garment bag.

I stepped into my gown rather than putting it over my head to make sure I didn't mess up my hair as Ritz held the dress for me.  The material felt so nice as it went up my body, all $5,000 of it.  And like butter, the zipper went right up.

"Wow," Ritz said as she walked to face to the front of me, "this dress is gorgeous on you Steph."

I blushed, "Thanks, it's killing me inside that I don't get to keep it" I said as swayed around in my gown like a little girl.

"Oh man! Heels!" she suddenly remembered.  "Where are they?"

"On the floor in the closet."  I would have gotten them myself but I was afraid of tripping.

The shoes were my own, Nine West t-strap four inch heels.  I was probably going to be unable to walk by the end of the night in these things but I'll suck it up for one night of glitz and glamour.

Once the shoes were on, I sat on the small table near the window and Ritz then proceeded to go over all the details about how this event will take place.  I already heard what she was about to say so I prepared myself for the series of low-blows that are soon going to follow.

"Okay so just a few reminders...because of the publicity surrounding Robert, we cannot have you too close on the carpet..."

I felt my heart sink but I tried to look like that line didn't phase me...again.

"If anyone does infer as to who you are, you can pretend you didn't hear them, especially if they are kind of far away or you introduce yourself as his assistant..."

Ouch..

"Try to remember that you never know who might be taking your picture so always be prepared for that, that means no silly faces or disgruntled looks or yawns...try not to sneeze either..."

"I gotcha" I interupted, she was really killing my buzz.

"Well then okay, we're ready," she said as she clapped her hands together.

I quickly checked myself in the mirror to see if anything was out of place and then we both left the room.  Ritz was checking her blackberry when she told me, "Nick and Robert should be leaving through the emergency exit and then we'll be meeting them in the front lobby."

And we got off the elevator to the lobby, my stomach was doing backflips.  I thought my legs were going to give out as we stood outside the hotel entrance waiting for the limo to pull up.  No more than a minute passes when I suddenly see a limo drive up.  "Okie, it's this one," Ritz announced as if I didn't realize the difference between a cab and a limo.

My heart was pounding.  I had no idea what to expect Robert to look like.  Ever since I met him, he's only worn ripped jeans, beanies, and hoodies.  In his past events, he would sometimes wear a suit but the shirt wouldn't be tucked in and his hair would be in its usual crazy position.  As the limo driver opened the door for me and I stepped in, nothing could have prepared me for the what I was about to see.

Was this Rob?  He looked completely different that how I would ever imagine he would look like.  It was BETTER than what I imagined.  He had on a form fitting tuxedo (which I later found out was Dolce and Gabbana) and everything about his outfit was perfect, his shirt was tucked in, the shoulders of his jacket were in the right place, his bow tie was excellently tied, he was even wearing cuff links and I could see my reflection through his shiny black shoes.

I took my focus off Robert for just a second to make sure I didn't fall as I maneuvered my way into the limo.  I sat down next to Robert while Ritz made her way to the side of the limo where Nick was.  

"You look beautiful." I heard coming from my left side.  I looked up and saw that Robert was smiling at me and his eyes were for lacking of a better term, "dazzling."  I think I caught my breathe at that brief moment as I got lost in his eyes.  Just like his outfit, his face was perfect. His hair was neatly done in a slightly disheveled look, his facial hair was neatly trimmed and he smelled amazing...Gucci Envy.

Realizing that I was basically ogling him, I looked down and bit my lip in embarrassment. "Thank you.  You look great too," I managed to get out while trying to suppress to squealing fan-girl instead of me that wanted have her way with him right there in the limo with his manager and agent watching.

"Thank you very much," He said with a grin, "So...are you excited?"

OMG OMG OMG...Robert Pattinson is sitting right next to you and he looks like sex on a stick and why aren't you jumping him right now...SHUT UP YOU STUPID FAN-GIRL BEFORE YOU GET US CAUGHT!  "Yeah I am.  I have no idea what to expect, I'm kind of nervous."

"Yeah that makes two of us" he said in agreement.

I realized when we were close to the venue because we were in the middle of huge limo traffic.  It was hard to fathom that I was about to see of crap load of celebrities and be in the epitome of the movie industry.

"Ryan Seacrest is going to be interviewing for E," Ritz announced mainly for Robert.

"Lovely," Robert said with a stroke of sarcasm.  I knew why he said that, it was because Ryan announced on his talk show he thought Robert has no personality.  "Just to piss him off, I'm going to be the most boring person he interviews today."

I gave a little laugh and proceeded to look out the window.  I was began to see the crowd where the red carpet was.  I actually saw the flashes of all the cameras go off too.  I turned around to find that Robert was fidgeting with his hands.  "Nervous?" I asked him.

"Extremely," he admitted.  "And I can't even touch my hair!  It's killing me!" and he laughed.

"Okay it's time to get out," Nick said his first line since the entire limo ride.  He was a man of few words...

Robert briefly grabbed my hand and gave it tight squeeze before he sighed and said, "here goes."

Of course, Nick, Ritz, and I had to go out from the door by the road while Robert was the only one who got out on the carpet side and here began the pretending.  As we walked to onto the red carpet, there was always a space between Robert and the rest of us, his posse.

Robert stopped to pose against a wall that was covered in little Oscar men so that photographers can get their shot in.  I tried watching it but I was quickly blinded by so many cameras going off at once so instead I looking around the red carpet. 

I saw so many celebrities that I think my body became completely numb to any amount of star-struck.  My highschool musical kicked in when I was Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens and I resisted the urge to ask for an autograph.  I saw the lady who I always forget her name but she was in the movie "Only You".  I nearly fell over as I saw Beyonce...

"Stephanie! We're moving." Ritz had to practically yell to me to wake me up from my trance.  Maybe I should just stare at the carpet the entire time...

--

I had to walk away when it came time for Ryan Seacrest to interview Robert because I was laughing too much.  Every question Ryan asked him was answered with, as promised, something boring.

"Who are you looking forward to seeing tonight?"

He pretends to think, "Uh...I don't know."

"What's it like to be in the middle of all this craze Robert?"

"I really can't bring my mind to it...it's just really...bizarre."

--
--

After a half hour of walking down the red carpet we sat down in our seats.  I was so surprised how close we were, just two rows back, and he's not even nominated for anything.  I had a feeling that we were put there so the camera can make all the Twifans happy.

The show was completely star-strucking.  The amount of celebrities and people that I only see on the big screen were now all around me in person.  It was the wierdest thing to fathom and at the same time very awesome.

When Rob presented he looked nervous as shit.  Yes, a small role was perfect for him.  Despite reading down the teleprompter he still looked amazing and I could only imagine how fast it will take for his presentation to be on youtube.

When he came back to his seat he seemed really giddy.  "I met Zac Efron backstage!" and he flailed his arms like a fanatic.  Kinda reminded me of me...

"Did you really?" So lucky.

"Yeah I did" he got more serious.  "He told me life has been easier now that the paps are off of him because now their on me" he added with a laugh.

"Oh by the way, do you know all the actors who have been mentioned so far?"  I keep forgetting he doesn't live in the U.S.

"Yeah most of them.  I have no idea who any of the slumdog people are though," shrugging his shoulders.

"Yeah I don't either but they are going to win best movie" I nodded to emphasize my confidence in this prediction.

He eyed me questionably, "Okie who did you sleep with while I was gone that you know this?"

I knew he was being sarcastic but still the fangirl inside me squealed.  Rob made a sex comment! "No one you dork...it's just...everytime a movie wins for best movie, its always the movie I know absolutely nothing about.  So that's why Slumdog is gonna win."

"We shall see,"  slowly nodding his head and pursing his lips.  His words reminded me of Victoria...STOP IT!

--
--

"And the award for best movie goes to.............Slumdog Millionaire!"

Everyone stood up and clapped for the Slumdog people and I turned to Rob and gave him my best "I-told-you-so" face and he in return winked at me.  That wink sent shivers through me...

--
--
Four hours and about a million applauses later, the show was over and I was absolutely starving.  The after parties were a fantastic blur.  I met so many actors and actresses, even the Slumdog people and Zac Efron!  

It was 4 in the morning when we finally were back into the hotel.  We all went through the emergency exit Rob and Nick went through earlier today.  I was nervous if fans were going to be there in the lobby but thankfully it was dead except for a man at the concierge desk.  

Ritz and Nick got off the 11th floor to go to their rooms leaving Rob and me to go to the 12th.  As we walked to our rooms Rob was already putting his hands into his hair and loosening his collar, "So how did you like tonight?"

Amazingly fantastic! "Amazingly fantastic!"  So much for the brain filter, I guess it shut off at this time of night. 

Rob just laughed.

 "Thank you so much for asking me, I had an incredible time." This time the words seemed to come out better.

"It was my pleasure, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself." He was stiffling a yawn after he spoke.

When I got to my door, I turned to Rob and thanked him again for the night.  It got a little awkward right before I put my key into the door because I was wondering how we were going to say goodnight...a hand shake, a wave and walk away??, a kiss???

"Okay well have a good night" I said with a small smile.

"You too hunny" and he opened his arms for a hug.  It was going to be a hug.

I opened my arms and went to hug him.  I loved how his arms completely surrounded...What the fuck...did he just sniff me?!?!

All too soon we pulled away and he gave a little smile as he walked to his room a few doors down.  

My hands were trembling with excitement so much that it was difficult to put my key card through the door.  The second I opened the door I then remembered that there was no way in hell I would be able to unzip this entire dress without stretching the zipper.  I felt bad calling Ritz to come up here but I didn't know what else to do.  

Hmm..well there was always... "Um..Rob?"  I called out down the hall. 

 He was by his door but his jerked his head my way when I called him, "What's the matter?"

Now I felt stupid but I knew it had to be done.  "I'm really sorry but Ritz had to help me get my dress on and now I kinda need help with the zipper cause its really long and I don't wanna rip it cause I mean it's 5,000 dollars and I don't want to ruin it"  I was probably blushing as I rambled this speech.

He gave a small smile and turned to walk back to me.  "Turn around" he said in a low voice.

As innocent as that line meant to be, I still found it extremely sexy.  I did as he told me and turned around so my back was facing him.  Slowly, or at least to me it seemed like ages, he leaned towards me and placed one hand on the top of the back of my dress and the other hand on the zipper.  His touch on my skin sent thrill through me and my stomach got those butterflies you get when you're crushing on someone and he's by you.

After a little nudge on the zipper, he slowly pulled the zipper down.  I felt his hand hitch when the zipper got past my bra, I forgot he would be seeing it...well, at least it's a cute bra.  He continued to unzip until it was at my lower back and then he let go.  I heard him clear his throat, "Yeah uh you should be able to reach the rest of it."

I turned back to face him and gave him a smile.  "Thank you."

"Anytime." His face was an emotionless mask and I didn't know why.  "Goodnight Stephanie," he said in a quiet voice.  Just as he walked back to his room, I coulda sworn I saw his lips slightly turn up into a smile.

I went into my room and could feel myself blushing as I closed the door.  Once I was sure he was in his room, I finally let it out.  I squealed like a fan girl and jumped up and down in my half zipped Oscar De La Renta gown!

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha i love it.

    btw, wasnt rob's tux prada?

    i mean, if u changed it, its cool

    he's sex either way


    i LOLed when u wanted to pet him lol

    ReplyDelete